Saturday 23 May 2009

Early May

Not much room for manoeuvre in the lean-to. I didn't realise quite how bad the fungus-gnat problem was, unfortunately - so a lot of my small seedlings perished. Most of the larger stuff did OK though.



















Happy chaos - all the greens growing away, though I did put far too much in the beds. Once matured, plants didn't have space and after the stage shown here, things started to grow too tall and bolt. I'm learning lots of lessons for next year. Still, if the nursery had sent me plug plants, like they were supposed to, instead of vastly more numerous seedlings, quantities would have been about right. I just wasn't disciplined enough to jettison half of the seedlings...















My Masterpiece Longpod flowers, very impressive! And my miniature strawberries, which got busy as soon as I planted them out.


No comments:

Post a Comment